The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Calvin Colony, Ryan Story, VP Rick Treiber, Treas. Randy Stannard, and Sec’y. Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Terry Koehn, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Dave White, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the October 23, 2013 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported we have a significant sum of money in our treasury. All our bills that are in are paid. We don’t have the bill for the labor on the 180, but we’ll have enough to cover that and the first installment of our insurance, which is due in November.
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed.
3. Ground School: CFI and ground school instructor Ryan Story said class of 9 students seems to be going well and he’s giving a quiz next week.
4. Nonprofit Organization: Rick is still checking into what needs to be done to set the Green Castle Scholarship Foundation up.
5. Christmas Party: Calvin secured the Garage Mahal for the party DECEMBER 7, 2013 AT 5:00 P.M.
6. Kent Johnson donated a desk for the back room of the office for Ryan to use when he’s manning the office. Thanks, Kent. Last Saturday, Tim, Rick, Ryan, and Karo cleaned up the back office and prepped it for painting, which Rick did right before the meeting tonight. He even shampooed the carpet! We’re going to put together a schedule for members to man the office. Anyone who’d like to volunteer a day now-and-then, please contact Terry, Tim, Rick, or Ryan.
1. Ryan said his talk to Clear Creek Amana’s second and third grade students about being a pilot went well; he enjoyed their questions.
2. Mike Mango said he can’t be here Wednesday nights to provide dinner until around 5:30; members said they can wait until he gets here (or Bob can cover occasionally).
3. Terry said the printer for credit card receipts is not working. Ryan will check it and see if there’s anything he can do to fix it. If it can’t be fixed, Rick will see if he’s got one at one of his US Cellular stores just sitting around. If so, he’ll bring it out.
Rick moved with second by Bob and Randy to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned around 6:55 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to email@example.com)
Marcus Pollard, Marion (originally from Atlanta); Internal Auditor for Rockwell Collins. Private, 110 hrs.; working on building cross-country time to start instrument rating. Would really enjoy someone taking me into IMC. I eventually want to obtain my CFI and start a non-profit flight school. Trying to figure out other interests since my life has been consumed with CPA (recently finished, HAZAA!) and MBA. Into bodybuilding, firearm shooting and reloading, scuba diving, and traveling