The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:31 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Treasurer and acting Secretary Randy Stannard, Bob Dunn, VP Rick Treiber, Ryan Story and Calvin Colony.
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Mike Mango, Chief Flight Instructor Terry Koehn, Chris Lenz, Brett Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Dean Teslik, Gary & Sharon Lust, Tomasz and Izabela Korwel, and Phil Dorothy. Guests were Felix and Trey Castillo, who are joining the club tonight. Great turn out!!
The Minutes of the September 24, 2014 Board of Directors meeting were read by Rick. Bob moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported we’re broke! We have some cash in the bank, but we have a fuel bill and the bill for the new snow blade that will take it all. We will be needing new revenue soon to keep things going. We have had a lot of airplane rebuild expenses lately, stressing the cash flow. Some discussion was held on asking for a special assessment of the nearly 150 members to help with the huge airplane repair expenses.
2. Airplanes: The general status of the airplanes was discussed. Terry reports that the 180 had a problem with the mags but that was repaired today and the Arrow is now online after its annual. All airplanes are on the schedule.
3. The scheduling program is still being reviewed but the current company has been responding to requests for changes, so it looks like we will likely stay with them, even though the cost will be somewhat higher. Please anyone, again, provide input.
4. Ground School. Ryan reports about 9 people in attendance including some potential new members. Everyone is doing well.
1. Pumpkin Splat: The date will be 10/26/14 with a rain date of 11/2/14. There will also be an Annual Meeting of Members at 11:00 a.m. that morning before the event begins. Tim has already made arrangements to purchase the pumpkins at his expense. We need publicity so Ryan and Jim Beeghly will work with Mehrdad Zarifkar to do some promotions.
2. Annual Meeting. As mentioned above the Corporation’s Annual Meeting will be held prior to the Pumpkin Splat at 11:00 a.m. 10/26/14. Any members wishing to vote on board members should be there or be sure there is proxy in the hands of a board member for their votes.
3. New Pilots: Terry reports that Joe Reinhart passed his Private this week. Congrats Joe!! Also, two more will go for their check rides Monday and one Tuesday, so we should have some new names to share next week.
4. New Members: Nate Boots joined this week and is active in the ground school.
5. Mike Mango is off next week so Ryan said he will cook next week.
Rick moved with second by Bob to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 6:55 PM.