The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:32 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Treasurer Randy Stannard, Bob Dunn, CFI Ryan Story, Calvin Colony, and Secretary Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Mike Mango, Chief Flight Instructor Terry Koehn, Chris Lenz, Brett Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Dave White, Al Schmidt, Jerry Smithey, Kent Johnson, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the October 8, 2014 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as corrected. Vote taken; Motion carried.
OLD and NEW BUSINESS:
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported we’re broke; situation normal. Terry has a draft of a notice to members (re the $100 assessment) prepared and will send it out soon.
2. Airplanes: The general status of the airplanes was discussed. Terry said the Ercoupe’s replacement airworthiness certificate should be here in a couple of days.
3. New Members (not reported before): Dan Lillis (student) from Williamsburg, Mark and Jackson Pettinger of Oxford, Daniel Dietz (private and A&P), and Jhon Rou Ruiz (student). WELCOME!
4. The DNR “whacked” down the trees we wanted and will be back in the spring to chemically spray them to keep them from coming back up. Terry mentioned that without the trees, if we land on the sod we need to pay special attention as it’s a little disorienting without the trees.
5. Annual Stockholders Meeting (followed by lunch): OCTOBER 26, 2014 AT 11:00 A.M. Any members wishing to vote on board members should be there or be sure there is proxy in the hands of a board member for their votes. PumpkinSplat!: OCTOBER 26, 2014 AT 1:00 P.M. Karo brought flyers and passed them around to members for posting. More are in the office to be picked up and posted.
6. Ground School. Ryan said ground school is going very well. Good class.
7. The issue re the lady who approached Ryan a week ago who said she wanted to rent a hangar for one day . . . is MOOT as she thought she had contacted Green Castle, Indiana.
8. Tim having a difficult time tracking someone down from Kirkwood who can let us know if we can involve Kirkwood students in our ground school program; he’s still working on it.
9. Terry said we received $250 (for the lawnmower account) from Lois Wood in memory of her husband and Green Castle member, Larry, who passed away recently. Thank you, Lois.
10. Tom Shreves donated a portable GPS to Green Castle. THANK YOU, Tom.
11. Don has his grandson’s boat for sale. Please contact Don if you interested in buying a boat that needs a little work done on the motor.
Bob moved with second by Randy to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 6:56 PM.