The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Vice-President Rick Treiber, Treasurer Randy Stannard, CFI and ground school instructor Ryan Story, and Secretary Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Chief Flight Instructor Terry Koehn Mike Mango, Brett Lenz, Dave White, Mark Elbert, Jim Beeghly, Gary & Sharon Lust, Kent Johnson, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the March 26, 2014 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported that not much has changed since last week; we’re just waiting for good days to get people in the air.
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed. The Ercoupe’s still being reassembled. 157 is going down this month for annual; the Arrow will go for a major.
3. Ground School: Ryan said this is a great class. The students pay attention and participate. Ryan gave a 20-question quiz, and all students passed. Yea!
4. Activities: Don’t forget to put APRIL 26 on your calendars as the SPRING IMPROVEMENT AND CLEAN-UP DAY. We’re still on track for the MAY 4 FLOUR DROP and spot landing contests. Jim Beeghly will make flyers to promote it. Rick Treiber will be on Kirkwood’s KCCK (1630) radio station on May 1 at 12:30. Rick said he’d like three or four other members to be there with him to talk about the event. Timmy’s T-CRAFT BIRTHDAY PARTY is JUNE 7.
5. Speaking of Timmy: Tim “Da Prez” Scheer says he got his cut, black eye walking into the antenna of Mango’s Stits Playboy while covering the fuselage last Saturday. Yeah, sure.
1. Kitchen: Mike Mango mentioned the plans he has to build the kitchen in the back room of our meeting area and asked for help carting stuff out of the room and taking a lot of it to the dump in preparation for the renovation. [NOTE: After the meeting, several members started carting the items to be discarded out to someone’s pick-up. Participation is great!] Mike also said it would be nice if someone has counters, cabinets, double sink, door with molding, dishwasher, etc. sitting around doing nothing, they would donate it/them to the cause. Everyone agreed that when the renovation is complete, it will be an awesome set-up. We’ll have the big hangar, meeting/ground school classroom, bathroom, and kitchen all in one building. Mike said once the renovation is complete, he’d like to have a fly-in breakfast.
2. We’re having a wedding! Rita Orr’s granddaughter, Tammy, will be getting married this spring down by Don’s house and the pond with the reception following the ceremony at Willy’s Garage Mahal. Since Rita meant so much to Don and to the Club, we’ll get together a few planes and fly over the ceremony.
3. Heidi: Ryan Story reported Heidi will do her solo cross-country this weekend.
4. New Member: Terry reported our new members are Julie and Dennis Bockenstedt; Julie’s a student going for her private. Welcome, Julie and Dennis.
5. Walter Rich: We understand Walter totaled his Taylorcraft on his field about 25 miles west of here. It’s too bad the plane was totaled, but we’re glad Walter is okay.
Rick moved with second by Randy to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned 6:58 p.m.